Mailing items are accepted and packaged according to their types as per the following conditions and procedures:
Envelopes and cards specifications:
- No Stamp Required should be printed in the upper right corner. A blank space should be provided and the word” No Stamp Required” in bold and italic should be printed there.
- 2 horizontal lines of 3 mm thickness and 14 mm space between them should be printed above the address. Over the first line, “Reply Paid” should be printed and over the second line the name of the country of origin “Jordan” should be printed.
- The authorized address should be printed below the two lines. In the upper left corner, “Air Mail” should be printed on the envelopes that are for international service.
- The following should be printed in the upper left corner in addition to the license number “IBRS (CCRI) NO”.
- Text and symbols should be printed in a dark color the contrasts with the background of the envelope or card. In principle, the color to be used should be black or dark blue. The minimum dimensions of envelopes and cards are 90X140 mm. the maximum dimensions are 120X235 mm.
Ordinarymailing item: It is accepted, whether sealed or not. The name and address of the sender and recipient should be written in the language of the country of origin, and its postage is paid either by a post stamp or a stamping machine and then posted in the mail box. Ordinary mailing item cannot be tracked.
Registeredmailing item: It should be sealed to be accepted. The name and address of the sender and recipient should be written in the language of the country of origin or in English language, provided it is not initialed. After its postage and the additional registration fees are paid, a dispatch note, stating the registrar number and name of office, is placed thereon. The sender receives a receipt containing the registrar number for inquiry purposes.
Postage card: It is accepted without envelope. The right half is designated for the address in the language of the country of origin or in English language. Postage stamps are placed on the top right corner. The sender may write whatever he/ she wants on the back or the left half of the postage card.
Publications: They include newspapers, books, magazines, brochures, whether periodical or regular. The maximum weight of publications is 7 kg. In order to be accepted, it should be packaged in solid or paperboard containers to protect the content, provided that such containers easily reveal the content. No letter or documents of personal correspondence nature should be placed therein. Publications postage is paid, but they may not be tracked unless they registered.
Small Packages: In order to be accepted, the phrase “small packages” should be written clearly thereon in the language of origin. The envelope should display the name and address of the sender. The content of small packages should be placed in bags, boxes or solid containers to protect the content, and can be easily opened and closed again to inspect the content. The maximum weight for outgoing small packages is 2 kg; while the maximum weight for internal small packages is 30 kg. The sender shall fill the green note (form CN22) that describes the content, value and weight of small packages. This note is fixed on the envelope of the small package. A manifest may be placed in the package. Packages cannot be tracked unless they are registered.
Blind People Literature
Such literature is written in Braille sign language and shall be exempted of postage, except for the additional fees of air shipping. The maximum weight for such items is 7 kg. In order to be accepted, they should be packaged in containers that protect the content, and can be easily opened and closed again to inspect the content. They should be placed in unsealed envelopes within a solid or paperboard containers.
According to the country of origin, parcels are divided into internal and external parcels. They are subject to the same conditions; however, internal parcels are not referred to the customs officer. In order to accept parcel, the following conditions must be met:
- The parcel should be opened when referred to the customs officer to examine the contents, ensure it is not in violation of any conditions, and ensure that it does not contain any prohibited materials.
- Customers are required to clearly write the names, addresses, and phone numbers of the sender and the recipient in the language of the country of origin on the envelope of the item enclosed with the dispatch note stating the details of the parcel in terms of weight, content, postage rates, and distribution and return terms. The postage is paid and the sender receives a receipt.
- The customer shall fill the customs manifest according to the actual content, weight and value of the parcel.
- The customer should pack the parcel in a container suitable to its weight, size and content. If the parcel contains fragile items, the word “Fragile” should be written on the envelope in both Arabic and English languages.
- The parcel can be packaged in paper, cloth or paperboard box.
- Jordan Post shall have the right to collect new postage for internal parcels whose destination address within the Kingdom has changed and internal parcels that are not delivered and returned to the sender as per the internal postage tariff.
- The sender has the right to request the return of the parcel or to change the address in return of a fee. The sender shall pay all fees and charges in case of parcel return, unless he/she states, in the designated place in the dispatch note, that he/she does not want the parcel to be returned.
- The sender has the right to inquire about the parcel within 6 months as of the date of posting. He/ she shall have the right to claim for compensations if the parcel in not delivered as per the provision of the Universal Postal Union’s convention.
- Express mailing item
This service is characterized by speed of acceptance of the item from the sender and processing and transferring the same as soon as possible to be delivered to the recipient immediately after arrival to the country of origin. It is a safe, secured and fast service. Items are delivered within 3-4 business days.
In order to accept, express mailing items, the following conditions must be met:
- The sender must place the required items in a clean and solid container that is suitable to the nature of content and can be easily sealed without the need of adhesives. If the express mailing is a parcel, it should be sealed before the competent employee to enable the employee to examine its content.
- The sender should pay postage of express mailing policy. The policy should contain the following information in the language of the country of origin or in English language:
- Sender’s address and phone number
- Recipient’s address and phone number
- Parcel weight
- Parcel barcode for inquiry purposes
- Parcel content